This powerful new Art of Strategic Management training course explores the factors that drive strategic success and failure, and how to harness them for personal and career success. It is designed for those who are not directly involved in strategy formation, but who wish to understand how strategy impacts the success of their company, and how to apply and lead strategic thinking within their own team. It provides a perspective and vocabulary for strategic decision-making that enables participants to understand and support the strategic direction of their organisation, and at the same time enhance their own career success.
This Art of Strategic Management training course is suitable for any professional who is required to make strategic decisions, and anyone who wishes to learn the principles of strategic thinking and how to apply them in their own job and their own career.
- Understand how strategic thinking has developed and evolved over the past fifty years
- Comment effectively on strategy and its implementation within your own organisation
- Differentiate strategy from tactics
- Link strategic decisions to Return on Capital (ROCE) through Value Creation and Market Focus
- Learn the key models and vocabulary to “talk strategy” effectively with others
- Link daily actions and team performance to headline strategy
- Recognise some of the key factors that lead to changes in strategy
- Create your own personal strategy for success
- Understand the process of formulating, planning and implementing a strategy
- Develop strategic thinking skills
- Understand the different types of strategy within an organization
- Develop strategic management abilities to enable the delivery of best value or return on invested capital
- Relate action plans to strategic initiatives and individual performance
- Create conditions that foster achievement of strategic goals within the firm when conditions change
- Understand an alternative approach to competitive strategy
- Recognize and communicate the drivers for strategic change within your organization
- Create your own personal strategy for personal and professional success
Business Process Optimisation and Modelling are essential components of Business Process Redesign (BPR), strategic development of organisational capabilities, as well as other business processes improvement initiatives such as business process management (BPM), re-engineering, systems development, quality management and continuous process improvement.
Participants will acquire knowledge and skills to develop a strategically aligned approach to business process optimisation; learn how to analyse and accurately model business processes from the enterprise level through to detailed workflow representation at the operational and project level. Participants will extend their ability to design effective organisational structures, activities and processes, and will acquire knowledge and skills to map and model business processes, measure and evaluate workflow and activities, and assign process owners.
- Operations Managers
- Project Managers
- Process Managers
- Business Architects and Analysts
- Systems Architects and Designers
- Quality Managers
- Understand business processes and their components
- Apply process analysis, planning, and measurement concepts and techniques to their own organization’s processes
- Define processes using the Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN) standard
- Develop a business process architecture
- Analyse process customer requirements
- Specify measures of business process performance (KPIs)
- Diagnose the health of a business process
- Use process improvement techniques to transform business processes
- Understanding Business Processes
- Business process modelling concepts
- Outline key business process elements
- Developing Business Process Models using Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN)
- An introduction to Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN)
- Modelling business process events
- Operations management using BPMN
- Business architecture
- Business process management (BPM)
- Practical business process optimisation work
- Tools and Techniques for Business Process Modelling, Evaluation and Executive Oversight
- Manage stakeholder collaboration
- Business Process Integration and Optimisation
- Practical Business Process Integration Work
- Risk Management Integration
- Asset and Knowledge Management Integration
Emotionally Intelligent leaders have a great positive impact on their employees. Impactful leaders are expected to demonstrate extensive knowledge, allocate rewards, achieve organizational objectives and provide exemplary leadership to others amongst many other responsibilities.
High competency in communicating, influencing, motivating others and managing emotions in the workplace thrust leaders to become mentors as well. Therefore, exceptional leadership calls for high emotional intelligence leaders that have sound judgment and reasoning.
- All managers and leaders seeking to raise their barometer of emotional intelligence
- Individuals who desire to develop emotional intelligence in all aspects of their work and personal life
By the end of the course, participants will have:
- Keep a relationship productive by cultivating emotional intelligence at work
- Recognize stress levels and keep it under control
- Exchange communication using emotionally intelligent language
- Pick up social cues and responding appropriately to them
- Assess your own self-awareness and communication style
- Apply emotional intelligence in your work and personal life for a healthy balance
- Maintain your emotional energy to motivate and lead team members towards achieving organizational goals
- Develop authentic and credible leadership to build trust within team members
- Develop skills in responding to feedback
- Emotional resilience to handle challenges
- Importance of Emotional Intelligence
- Skills needed for EQ communication
- How to express one’s own emotions
- Identifying personal barriers to communicating with others
- Flexibility in dealing with other personality styles
- Building Emotional Fitness
- Mental adaptability to handling problems
- Raising your emotional intelligence
- Conflict resolution with EQ
- Handling pressure with EQ
- Balancing work and personal life
- Take Charge of your Emotional Energy
- Managing stress and adversity
- Using emotionally intelligent body language
- Strategies for human performance enhancement
- Managing Emotional Feedback
- Controlling emotional impulses
- Practical ways to build an emotional connection
- Creating synergy in teams
- Practising High EQ Leadership
- Leading with empathy
- Authentic leadership
- Ways to build trust
- Developing your personal action plan
Organizations need managers and leaders who use coaching skills to empower employees to achieve organizational goals. This course is designed to provide a framework for developing skills to help managers Coach for Performance. This course will cover the structure of a performance coaching session, assessing current performance, awareness and taking responsibility, overcoming psychological blocks, goal setting, eliminating the difference between the actual and expected performance.
- Identify the need for coaching within your organization and be aware of existing resources and development gaps
- Develop a coaching strategy that considers organizational Culture
- Boost productivity by helping your employees work smarter
- Understanding Coaching – Identifying needs for coaching as a leadership style in the workplace.
- Role of a Coach – Key principles of coaching and Coaching to boost motivation.
- Enhancing performance through feedback – Generating feedback in a way that encourages positive change.
- Coaching with Emotional and Social intelligence – Increase employee engagement and Strength-based approach to coaching
- Strategies for building trust – Practical techniques to develop trust and allow both parties to engage positively.
- The power of praise – Increase self-confidence and motivate someone to challenge themselves by stressing their efforts.
- Setting SMART Performance Goals – Guiding goal-setting process, aligning organizational goal to individual employee goals, create action plans with milestones for goal achievement.
With constant shifts in workforce demographics and emerging global markets, the necessity and benefits of a diverse workplace are growing exponentially. Diversity in the workplace can help a business expand their market share, boost company productivity and attract a wider pool of qualified applicants.
Supervisors, Line managers, Heads of department, administration staff, HR staff, CEOs
- Understand the Business Case for Diversity & Inclusion
- Increase your Awareness for Diversity & Inclusion
- Develop an Action Plan for Starting the Journey to Diversity & Inclusion
- Explain the value of a diverse workforce.
- Describe how diversity goes beyond such differences as race, age, and gender.
- Identify challenges that often arise when working with a heterogeneous group.
- Explain how the law affects diversity in the workplace.
- Identify and address inappropriate behaviour.
- Adopt a management style that encourages diversity.
- The Basics: Why Talking About Diversity Matters
- The Law: What’s Legal and Not
- A Little History: Five Approaches to Diversity Management
- Three Paradigms: Understanding Different Views of Diversity
- Organizational Inclusion: Aligning Systems and Policies
- Moving Toward Inclusion: Everyday Activities
- Smoother Sailing: Managing Different Viewpoints and Agendas
This course aims to provide an understanding of the nature of enterprise and entrepreneurship and introduces the role of the entrepreneur, innovation and technology in the entrepreneurial process. It is not about small business or lifestyle businesses but instead the development of growth-oriented businesses – whether for-profit or not-for-profit. Entrepreneurship is both a way of thinking and doing. It involves “building something from nothing” and successful entrepreneurs know how to manage and mitigate uncertainty and risk. The course content is relevant to those individuals thinking about starting a business or who are already in business – large or small, those who are interested in commercializing their own innovations or of others, and those who advise entrepreneurs or engage in policymaking in the entrepreneurship area.
Line managers, Heads of department, operations team, sales and marketing team
- Discuss the attitudes, values, characteristics, behaviour, and processes associated with possessing an entrepreneurial mindset and engaging in successful appropriate entrepreneurial behaviour.
- Discuss what is meant by entrepreneurship and innovation from both a theoretical and practical perspective, and the role of the entrepreneur in the new enterprise creation process.
- Describe the ways in which entrepreneurs perceive opportunity, manage risk, organise resources and add value.
- Develop a plan for implementing entrepreneurial activities in a globalised and competitive environment is responsible for the social, ethical and cultural issues.
- Critique a plan for implementing entrepreneurial activities in a globalised and competitive environment being mindful of the social, ethical and cultural issues.
- Deep discipline knowledge
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Career and leadership readiness
- Intercultural and ethical competency
- Self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Promote the business
- Develop a marketing campaign in order to appeal to consumers
- Attract potential customers
- Manage the client portfolio
- Communicate with customers
- Develop a human resources strategy
- Define the business plan
- Fund the business
- Sell the idea to the investors
- Develop solid business models
- Create successful companies
The aim of conflict management training is to introduce practical conflict resolution techniques and strategies that managers and team leaders can effectively utilise when managing conflict in the workplace. It should build on previous training, skills and knowledge of effective performance management.
Aimed at managers and team leaders, the conflict resolution course provides the skills, knowledge and confidence to effectively manage and turn around conflict situations in the workplace, in a clear, assertive and constructive manner.
- Defined confrontation and their role in managing conflict in the workplace to ensure they maximise individual and team performance
- Identified their preferred style/s in influencing others and managing conflict and the additional strategies that they need to use to successfully resolve the conflict situation
- Demonstrated their skills in resolving conflict and confrontation
- Have identified a plan to apply and enhance their communication skills in the workplace to address existing conflicts
- Current strategies for handling conflict in the workplace
- Identifying where you focus your attention and energy
- Role of managing conflict in the workplace
- Current conflict resolution strategies
- Conflict styles
- Thomas Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument
- Recognising different styles of conflict
- Recognising your own preferred way of dealing with conflict
- Identifying the impact of different conflict styles
- Process for managing conflict
- Crosby’s conflict process
- Reviewing different stages of the conflict process
- Recognising contributions and potential conflict management strategies to change the outcome
- Influencing and assertiveness styles
- Non-verbal elements of influencing
- Suggesting and proposing ideas
- Adapting to the situation with integrity
This hands-on has been designed as a workshop where people can define and quantify stress in the workplace, measure its effects on the organization, identify organizational and individual influences on stress, manage stress in the workplace, and develop personal coping strategies.
Anyone who manages a team of people in an environment that is subject to high-stress levels, such as fast-paced activity, a high rate of change, or situations where a high degree of personal responsibility is required.
- Understand stress in the workplace both in terms of organizational costs and how to measure absenteeism and turnover
- Identify organizational influences on stress
- Identify stress and the individual by detailing individual personality profiles
- Detail ‘The General Adaptive Syndrome’
- Manage stress in the workplace
- What is Stress?
- Change and Situational Stress
- Money and Finances
- Health and Lifestyle
- Interactivity and Support
- Time and Obligations
- Fun and Relaxation
- Setting Goals and Planning for the Future
- Your Personal Action Plan
You might be surprised how many team-building consultants know how to play games and they may even know how to debrief those games but they don’t really know team dynamics in the business world. Team building when done right is one of the most powerful ways to achieve significant breakthroughs in employee productivity. We work with you to develop a team-building program that solves actual problems in the workplace.
- Together we identify the needs of your organization.
- We develop a program using outdoor elements including obstacle courses to come up with solutions.
- We evaluate the effectiveness of the training over time.
Outdoor management development (OMD) and outdoor team building have long been used as a way to facilitate change and develop effective leadership and team-building skills using the great outdoors. We will put together a program based on your individual needs that will stretch and develop your interpersonal skills. This is a powerful and effective way to facilitate fast long-lasting change, real experiences, real consequences and real meaning, all transferable and very applicable to the business environment.
We operate a policy of challenge by choice, this means that through consultation with you, we will provide a series of challenges to stretch and strengthen your team and its members. Participants are always in control of their level of participation and how they contribute to the team’s goals. Rather than avoid issues and challenges we find that fully adopting this inspiring approach leads to team members being empowered to take on responsibility and new challenges and to have open and honest conversations about what they can and cannot do.
- Increasing self-awareness
- Increasing peer awareness
- Effective team working and leadership skills
- Effective communication skills
- Increasing group morale
- Coaching skills
- Peer feedback skills
- Have fun
This Sales & Marketing training course is designed to help those working in sales and marketing to identify, recruit and retain the perfect customer. Whether an old hand at sales & marketing or brand new, this fun and highly practical course is designed to stimulate sales & marketing activity by identifying and using best practice.
Relationship Managers, Commercial Managers, Marketing Managers, Sales and Marketing Team, Social Media Managers
After attending our Sales & Marketing Course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the ‘perfect’ customer
- Create powerful introductions
- Fill the sales funnel
- Understand the psychology of selling
- Close and follow-up sales
- Mastering the fundamentals of having a successful career
- Marketing and prospecting: the foundation of success
- Using your sphere of influence to create a referral database plus-circle prospecting, door knocking, and cold calling
- Technology and digital marketing
- Marketing on the web
- Social media lead generation strategies
- Interviewing the Buyer and showing strategies
- Overcoming buyer objections and negotiating offers
- Scheduling and time management
- Pre-listing package and the eight key listing appointment questions
- Personal branding
- Advanced Lead Generation Strategies: Expired and For-Sale-by-Owner Listings
- Managing and closing the transaction