Business Process Optimisation and Modelling are essential components of Business Process Redesign (BPR), strategic development of organisational capabilities, as well as other business processes improvement initiatives such as business process management (BPM), re-engineering, systems development, quality management and continuous process improvement.
Participants will acquire knowledge and skills to develop a strategically aligned approach to business process optimisation; learn how to analyse and accurately model business processes from the enterprise level through to detailed workflow representation at the operational and project level. Participants will extend their ability to design effective organisational structures, activities and processes, and will acquire knowledge and skills to map and model business processes, measure and evaluate workflow and activities, and assign process owners.
- Operations Managers
- Project Managers
- Process Managers
- Business Architects and Analysts
- Systems Architects and Designers
- Quality Managers
- Understand business processes and their components
- Apply process analysis, planning, and measurement concepts and techniques to their own organization’s processes
- Define processes using the Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN) standard
- Develop a business process architecture
- Analyse process customer requirements
- Specify measures of business process performance (KPIs)
- Diagnose the health of a business process
- Use process improvement techniques to transform business processes
- Understanding Business Processes
- Business process modelling concepts
- Outline key business process elements
- Developing Business Process Models using Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN)
- An introduction to Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN)
- Modelling business process events
- Operations management using BPMN
- Business architecture
- Business process management (BPM)
- Practical business process optimisation work
- Tools and Techniques for Business Process Modelling, Evaluation and Executive Oversight
- Manage stakeholder collaboration
- Business Process Integration and Optimisation
- Practical Business Process Integration Work
- Risk Management Integration
- Asset and Knowledge Management Integration
Emotionally Intelligent leaders have a great positive impact on their employees. Impactful leaders are expected to demonstrate extensive knowledge, allocate rewards, achieve organizational objectives and provide exemplary leadership to others amongst many other responsibilities.
High competency in communicating, influencing, motivating others and managing emotions in the workplace thrust leaders to become mentors as well. Therefore, exceptional leadership calls for high emotional intelligence leaders that have sound judgment and reasoning.
- All managers and leaders seeking to raise their barometer of emotional intelligence
- Individuals who desire to develop emotional intelligence in all aspects of their work and personal life
By the end of the course, participants will have:
- Keep a relationship productive by cultivating emotional intelligence at work
- Recognize stress levels and keep it under control
- Exchange communication using emotionally intelligent language
- Pick up social cues and responding appropriately to them
- Assess your own self-awareness and communication style
- Apply emotional intelligence in your work and personal life for a healthy balance
- Maintain your emotional energy to motivate and lead team members towards achieving organizational goals
- Develop authentic and credible leadership to build trust within team members
- Develop skills in responding to feedback
- Emotional resilience to handle challenges
- Importance of Emotional Intelligence
- Skills needed for EQ communication
- How to express one’s own emotions
- Identifying personal barriers to communicating with others
- Flexibility in dealing with other personality styles
- Building Emotional Fitness
- Mental adaptability to handling problems
- Raising your emotional intelligence
- Conflict resolution with EQ
- Handling pressure with EQ
- Balancing work and personal life
- Take Charge of your Emotional Energy
- Managing stress and adversity
- Using emotionally intelligent body language
- Strategies for human performance enhancement
- Managing Emotional Feedback
- Controlling emotional impulses
- Practical ways to build an emotional connection
- Creating synergy in teams
- Practising High EQ Leadership
- Leading with empathy
- Authentic leadership
- Ways to build trust
- Developing your personal action plan
Organizations need managers and leaders who use coaching skills to empower employees to achieve organizational goals. This course is designed to provide a framework for developing skills to help managers Coach for Performance. This course will cover the structure of a performance coaching session, assessing current performance, awareness and taking responsibility, overcoming psychological blocks, goal setting, eliminating the difference between the actual and expected performance.
- Identify the need for coaching within your organization and be aware of existing resources and development gaps
- Develop a coaching strategy that considers organizational Culture
- Boost productivity by helping your employees work smarter
- Understanding Coaching – Identifying needs for coaching as a leadership style in the workplace.
- Role of a Coach – Key principles of coaching and Coaching to boost motivation.
- Enhancing performance through feedback – Generating feedback in a way that encourages positive change.
- Coaching with Emotional and Social intelligence – Increase employee engagement and Strength-based approach to coaching
- Strategies for building trust – Practical techniques to develop trust and allow both parties to engage positively.
- The power of praise – Increase self-confidence and motivate someone to challenge themselves by stressing their efforts.
- Setting SMART Performance Goals – Guiding goal-setting process, aligning organizational goal to individual employee goals, create action plans with milestones for goal achievement.
You might be surprised how many team-building consultants know how to play games and they may even know how to debrief those games but they don’t really know team dynamics in the business world. Team building when done right is one of the most powerful ways to achieve significant breakthroughs in employee productivity. We work with you to develop a team-building program that solves actual problems in the workplace.
- Together we identify the needs of your organization.
- We develop a program using outdoor elements including obstacle courses to come up with solutions.
- We evaluate the effectiveness of the training over time.
Outdoor management development (OMD) and outdoor team building have long been used as a way to facilitate change and develop effective leadership and team-building skills using the great outdoors. We will put together a program based on your individual needs that will stretch and develop your interpersonal skills. This is a powerful and effective way to facilitate fast long-lasting change, real experiences, real consequences and real meaning, all transferable and very applicable to the business environment.
We operate a policy of challenge by choice, this means that through consultation with you, we will provide a series of challenges to stretch and strengthen your team and its members. Participants are always in control of their level of participation and how they contribute to the team’s goals. Rather than avoid issues and challenges we find that fully adopting this inspiring approach leads to team members being empowered to take on responsibility and new challenges and to have open and honest conversations about what they can and cannot do.
- Increasing self-awareness
- Increasing peer awareness
- Effective team working and leadership skills
- Effective communication skills
- Increasing group morale
- Coaching skills
- Peer feedback skills
- Have fun
This Disciplinary and Grievance Training Course will provide those that attend with the skills and approaches needed to manage disciplinary and grievance issues effectively. It seems today that the rules surrounding disciplinary and grievance in the workplace have grown in many grey areas. It’s reported that businesses apply the rules in different ways or even inconsistencies in the procedure in one business is commonplace.
The course is suitable for anyone involved in managing the HR process and policies i.e. HR Managers, HR Advisors and Leaders and Managers who are looking for an introduction to dealing with disciplinary and grievance procedures.
By the end of this Disciplinary and Grievance Training Course, attendees will:
- Have a full understanding of disciplinary and grievance processes and how they can be used to manage under-performance
- Understanding how to have difficult conversations with team members who are under-performing, have high sickness levels and who have lodged grievances against people or processes.
- Be able to investigate disciplinary issues and grievances
- Know how to set clear performance objectives and performance improvement plans
The content of this Disciplinary and Grievance Training Course includes:
- What the law says
- The difference between conduct and capability
- What you can/should do before getting to the disciplinary stage
- Dealing with conduct and capability issues
- Disciplinary process and meetings
- Dismissal including constructive dismissal
- How to avoid all of these things in the first place
In the corporate world, restructures and consequential redundancies are often required, but come with an emotional human cost. Therefore, it’s vital that companies plan changes carefully in order to support the workers who are losing their jobs, avoid any unfair dismissal claims and minimize the potential of negative publicity.
Employees earmarked for redundancy, line managers, Human resource staff, employee representatives, supervisors
- Identify reactions and emotions to news of redundancy and apply basic coping mechanisms
- Put together a plan to take you to the next stage of your work life
- Know-how and where to job search
- Know how to manage money and lifestyle
- Know how to apply a simple problem-solving technique
- Explain the role of networking in returning to work
- Consider a range of options as an alternative to getting another job.
- Know how to remain positive and relevant
- Define what constitutes redundancy
- Reacting to redundancy news
- Separation process
- Redundancy entitlement pay
- Employees entitlement to appeal
- Managing a smooth transition
- What options are there after redundancy
- How to communicate with family and friends about your redundancy
- Job search techniques
- Coaching and counselling
- Financial planning and Management
Supervisors manage key result areas in any enterprise. It is therefore important that they are equipped with the knowledge and skills to enable them to manage resources effectively and efficiently.
Supervisors who are in-charge and accountable for sections and unit performance
On completion, the participants should be able to:
- Set performance objectives, standards and targets
- Manage and supervise staff effectively
- Apply appropriate control measures in work setups
- Create a conducive atmosphere for teamwork performance
- Resolve work team conflicts
The course will address the following areas:
- Management Concepts, Functions, Practice and Principles
- The Basic Roles of a Supervisor
- Effective Communication
- Interpersonal Relations and Team Building
- Work Planning and Organization
- Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Leadership Qualities of a Supervisor
- Delegation, Coordination and Control
- Managing Change in a Dynamic Environment
- Performance Appraisal, Business and Work Ethics
- Public and Community Relations
- Stress Management and Public Decorum