Business Development Manager – Hospitality Industry
The General Manager is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the Restaurants, Shops, Wellness Clubs, online shop, the sourcing and supply of certified organic produce according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors. Description of Duties
Vision and Leadership
– Inspire and motivate all the staff to engage with and deliver on the Company’s brand strategy especially the mission ,vision and core values
– Develop, communicate and assess priorities in light of a rapidly changing external landscape that affect the organisation
– Strengthen and protect the company’s brand, its reputation and credibility, seeking long term benefits to the company’s customers
– Identify and engage key stakeholders (including organic players, government, investors, corporates, business leaders and global NGOs) and foster partnerships to pursue the company’s mission and related objectives.
– Enhance the company’s profile by speaking publicly at relevant events and generally act as the company’s spokesperson
– Participate with the Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organisation
– Act as a professional advisor to the Board of Director on all aspects of the organisation’s activities
– Foster effective team work between the Board and the General Manager and between the
General Manager and the rest of the staff
– In addition to the Chair of the Board, act as a spokesperson for the organisation
– Conduct official correspondence on behalf of the Board as appropriate and jointly with the Board when appropriate
– Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board of Directors, staff and
stakeholders to support their respective important governance roles
– Report to Board of Directors on a quarterly basis, the organizations performance against the company’s strategic objectives, annual work plans and budgets.
– In liaison with Finance Manager, ensure preparation and regular review of annual budgets.
Operational Planning and Management.
– Support service delivery as chief organisational ambassador.
– Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the organisation.
– Ensure that the operation of the organisation meets the expectations of the Customers, Board of Directors and Shareholders.
– Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operations of the organisation.
– Draft policies for the approval of the Board and prepare procedures to implement the organisational policies; review existing policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the Board as may be appropriate.
– Ensure that personnel and customer files are securely stored and privacy/confidentiality is maintained.
– Provide support to the Board by preparing meeting agenda and supporting materials.
– Ensure excellence, rigorous evaluation, and consistent quality on all service deliveries.
– Define organisational work plans and priorities in order to effectively achieve the company’s mission and vision
– Engage, develop and empower staff in order to enable high performing teams and individual learning.
– Ensure that staff, processes ,systems and other resources are aligned to deliver high impact outcomes and operational efficiencies
– Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organisation’s products and services
– Ensure that the products and services offered by the organisation contribute to the
organisation’s mission and reflect the priorities of the Board of Directors
Human Resources Planning and Management
– Determine staffing requirements for organisational management and service delivery.
– Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices including
the development of job descriptions for all staff
– Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate
legislation and regulations
– Recruit, interview and select staff that have the right technical and personal abilities to help
further the organization’s mission
– Ensure that all staff receive induction and orientation to the organization and that appropriate
training is provided before being assigned any duties
– Implement a performance management process for all staff which includes monitoring the
performance of staff on an on-going basis and conducting an annual performance review
– Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance, ensure continuous training
and personal development
– Discipline staff when necessary using appropriate techniques; release staff when necessary using appropriate and legally defensible procedures.
Financial Planning and Management
– Develop sustainable financial models for the organisation, including identification and exploration of potential alternative income streams
– Work with staff and the Board (Finance Committee) to prepare a comprehensive budgets and set targets for all the revenue streams
– Work with the Board to secure adequate funding for the operation of the organisation
– Approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the Board.
– Ensure that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed
– Administer the funds of the organisation according to the approved budgets and monitor the monthly cash flow of the organisation.
– Provide the Board with comprehensive, quarterly reports on the revenues and expenditure of the organisation
– Ensure that the organisation complies with all legislation covering taxation and withholding payments.
– Facilitates the integration of the organisation into the fabric of the community by using effective marketing and communication activities.
– Acts as an advocate, within the public and private sectors, for issues relevant to the organisation, its services and constituencies.
– Listens to customers and the community in order to generate and or improve services and create community involvement. Assures the community awareness of the organisation’s response to community needs.
– Serves as chief spokesperson for the organisation assuring proper representation of the organisation to the community.
– Initiates, develops and maintains cooperative relationships with key constituencies.
– Work with legislators, regulatory agencies, and representatives of the private sector (e.g. KOANetc.) to promote legislative and regulatory policies that encourage, promote organic, healthy lifestyle, and address the issues of the organisations constituencies.
– Identify and evaluate the risks to the organisation’s people (customers, staff, management etc.),
property, finances, goodwill, and image and implement measures to control risks
– Ensure that the Board of Directors and the organisation carries appropriate and adequate
– Ensure that the Board and staff understand the terms, conditions and limitations of the
– Holds a Master degree in a management related field.
– Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite
– At least seven years of progressive management experience
– Experience with hospitality service provision and developing revenue-generating activities.
The Marketing Executive is responsible for brand promotion to create awareness through conceiving and developing efficient marketing strategies, organise and oversee advertising campaigns (social, TV, radio, print), exhibitions and promotional events. The holder leads all marketing activities across the revenue centers (restaurant, online shop and wellness programs) and is responsible for marketing strategy formulation. Implementation, monitoring and evaluation. Is also responsible for market research and analysis to evaluate trends, level of brand awareness and competitive position. Description of Duties
- Runs social media campaigns regularly
- Develops content for use online and for advertising purposes
- Posting daily on all social media channels with appropriate content leading to engagements with online audience
- Responsible for increase in number of likes and followers on all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and You tube)
- Oversees digital signage to ensure appropriate content is relayed
- Is the custodian of all graphic, written, audio and video content developed by the Company for marketing purposes
- Undertakes mapping together with restaurant coordinators, online shop coordinator, waiters, cashiers and sales teams for market storming using demographics such as gender, age, geographic location among others.
- Oversees distribution of marketing materials in offices, malls, shops, churches, schools and other strategic locations.
- Prepare weekly and monthly marketing activities reports.
- Performs budgeting for all marketing activities and monitors spend thereafter, variances have to be explained.
- Collaborate with Restaurant Coordinators, online shop Coordinator and Nutritionists to run regular promotional campaigns within the revenue centers.
- Monitors competitor activity and brainstorms potential improvements or changes in marketing strategy, products, or services.
- Organises and attends marketing events (trade shows, exhibitions, seminars, industry events) regularly.
- Secures access to media channels regularly.
- Trains sales teams, waiters and cashiers on marketing strategies, telephone etiquette and directs marketing activities after the training.
- Holds a CIM certification
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or its equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of related computer applications
- At least 3 years’ experience in the marketing